2017 Nevada Health Care ForumTuesday, October 10, 2017 - Enclave, Las Vegas, NV
The Clark County Medical Society was chartered on July 15, 1955 by the Nevada State Medical Association and has grown to more than 1,000 members. We are proud to have served Southern Nevada physicians and their patients for the past 55 years. The Medical Society answers hundreds of telephone calls each month from the public. These calls include requests for physicians referrals and background information about member physicians. We are proud to tell callers, "Yes, Dr. ___________is a member in good standing."
To serve the needs of the physicians, their patients and the Clark County community with responsibility and integrity.
The Clark County Medical Society is ultimately striving:
• To be the advocate for physicians, their patients and the health of the entire community.
• To preserve the physician/patient relationship and to ensure quality health care in both traditional and managed care environments.
• To be the representative and voice of the medical community.
• To be an important source of unbiased quality continuing medical education especially filling physicians’ needs that are not elsewhere met.
• Quality Care
• Unbiased Quality Continuing Medical Education
Case Management Association of Las Vegas (CMALV)
A group of local case manager leaders founded CMALV in September 2004. The primary focus of the association was, and continues to be, enhancing the professional practice of case management and ultimately improving health outcomes for the Las Vegas Community. Additionally, they established a long-term goal of becoming an affiliate chapter of the Case Management Society of America (CMSA).
CMSA is internationally recognized as the premier organization focused on advancing the practice of case management. In June 2006, CMALV was granted official chapter status with our parent corporation. Since that time, CMALV has achieved great success and is recognized as the local leader in case management.
Achievements to date:
• Consistent membership growth
• Professional Educational Forums
• Successful Certified Case Manager Study Groups (CCM)
Special Events and Recognitions
• Annual National Case Management Week Celebration
• Official Sponsor of the Case Management category for March of Dimes Nurse of the Year
As Nevada’s only Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) centric organization, the Nevada Advanced Practice Nurses Association (NAPNA) is committed to improving access to care for all Nevadan’s. Through the development of leadership roles, professional education, policy formation and legislative action we seek to transform and improve patient centered care provided by Nevada’s APRN community.
Our Mission, Our Purpose
NV Executive Women in Healthcare is dedicated to being a dynamic community of women health care executives in southern Nevada, who encourage and inspire each other throughout the development of their careers.
The purpose of the NV Executive Women in Health Care shall be:
1. To promote the career advancement and satisfaction of women professionals in healthcare.
2. To increase the technical and professional knowledge of its membership through education.
3. To provide a forum for communication, networking and support.
4. To promote members and the accomplishments of women executives in healthcare.
NvHIMA is the Nevada component state association of our national organization, the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). As experts in clinical data and information management, the professional members of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) are vital to the healthcare industry. The unique knowledge and skills that AHIMA members possess are critical for classifying and analyzing health information, transitioning from paper to computer-based medical records, and enhancing data quality, all accomplished while maintaining patient confidentiality and information security. With a 75-year tradition of advancing quality healthcare through quality information, AHIMA is also instrumental in developing industry standards, advocating relevant legislation, and providing education in health information management.
For over 80 years, NNA has been addressing the issues and challenges facing our profession. We proudly represent the voice of registered nurses across Nevada.
NNA is an association of nurses working for nurses. We represent all of Nevada's RNs including staff nurses, nurse educators, nurse practitioners, school nurses and public health nurses. We take a comprehensive and multi-purpose approach to advocating the needs of all registered nurses in all settings.
Together in partnership with the American Nurses Association (ANA), NNA provides a powerful platform to help professional nurses in our state achieve their goals.
A professional non-profit organization that develops nurse leaders, advances professional practice, influences health policy and promotes quality and patient safety.
The mission of the Nevada Organization of Nurse Leaders is to:
• Foster the development of nurse leaders through mentorship, collaboration and education
• Influence the development of health policy
• Advance the profession of nursing
Membership Benefits are in Leadership & Development, Professional collaboration, education opportunities, legislative representation, and professional nursing.
The Nevada State Board of Nursing was created in 1923 by the Nevada Legislature to protect the public from unsafe or incompetent nursing care. It is a seven-member board appointed by the governor consisting of four RNs, one LPN, one CNA and one consumer member which regulates a nursing population of more than 38,000.
The Washoe County Medical Society is a professional corporation organized for the purpose of providing advocacy for physicians and patients, and to promote and improve the art and science of medicine and public health. Serving as a primary source of health related information, we seek to educate our members and the citizens of Northern Nevada. We strive to maintain the highest standards of ethics and medical care throughout our community. As a professional organization, we shall nurture these goals by cooperating with the American Medical Association, the Nevada State Medical Association, and other County Medical Societies and Alliances in the State of Nevada.
2017 Nevada Health Care Forum
Click Here to register for your Early Bird Discount
- 2014 Nevada Health Care Forum Slideshow
- 2012 Nevada Health Care Forum Slideshow
- 2012 Las Vegas Sun Article - Dr. Joe Heck
- 2011 Nevada Health Care Forum Slideshow
- 2009 Nevada Health Care Forum Slideshow
- 2009 Nevada Health Care Forum Featured on Channel 8
- 2008 Nevada Health Care Forum Slideshow
- Past Presentations